Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 9- Vegan meal plan

I've come up with an easy way to plan my vegan meals.

Every day my meals will follow this model:


Breakfast: Whole fruit & cereal

Lunch: Smoothie & grain

Dinner: Salad & grain & sauerkraut

Breakfast-
The cereal will be either: dry cereal with almond milk, oatmeal, or other hot cereal. I will add nuts & seeds & a little honey (if needed) to my hot cereal, and will add wheat germ & ground flax seeds to my cold cereal. I will try to eat my fruit first (and make it about 50% of my meal)- bananas, berries, pears, oranges, etc. Or add some to my cereal.

Lunch-
I will make slightly different smoothies each day, but will always have a blender full of spinach or kale as the base. See my post about smoothies here.
My grain will be a slice of whole grain bread made from sprouted grains ( i.e. Trader Joes organic Low Fat Sprouted High Fiber bread) with nut butter & jam (Polaner- no sugar added, sweetened with fruit juice), some leftover quinoa from the night before, etc.

Dinner-
The salad possibilities are endless. Mix fruit & veggies, seeds, etc. You can experiment on your own or try out recipes from raw or vegetarian cookbooks. 
The grain might be rice, quinoa, whole grain pasta, etc. Season with fresh herbs for the best flavor!
And I will try to include a small side of sauerkraut (or other fermented veggies). Look for my upcoming post on the benefits of this amazing (and surprisingly delicious) food!

Snacks in between meals will consist of: Pita chips & hummus or guacamole, veggies dipped in hummus, fruit & granola, trail mix with nuts & seeds & dried fruit, etc.

Dessert- Whole dates, carrob chia seed pudding, apple crisp, and many more (all made without refined sugar, only honey or agave added when needed, and many of them raw).

Oh the many posts I'm looking forward to writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment