Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3- Pear Cashew Salad & Broccoli Carrot Salad

Today's menu:

Breakfast- 5 grain hot cereal* with blueberries & walnuts, & a banana
Lunch- Pear Cashew Salad
Snack- Kale Smoothie (kale, water, 2 bananas, an orange, frozen mangoes, flax seed oil, cashews, walnuts, & hemp seeds)
Dinner- Broccoli Carrot Salad

* = not raw

Today the highlight was my completely invented Pear Cashew Salad. I am creating my own dishes because I don't have all the ingredients yet to make the recipes in my new raw food books. So I'm experimenting with what I do have. I liked this Pear salad. The pear gave a sweeter taste to the kale which I really liked. It was fresh, and even a little nutty, with the cashews.


Pear Cashew Salad


Kale
Pears, chopped
Raw cashews
Hemp seed
Lemon juice
Olive oil

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!


Broccoli Carrot Salad

Ingredients:
Broccoli florets
Carrots, grated
Apple, chopped
Avocado, diced
Hemp seed
Goji berries (soaked for 20 mins)
Lemon juice
Olive oil  

This still needs some tweaking. I will let you know when I come up with a broccoli salad that I like more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment