Sunday, November 3, 2013

Phasing Out Body Care Products

I have just recently made a goal. This is serious folks. Just like my goal to take out meat & dairy and center my meals around plant based foods.

My new goal is to eventually stop using any and all body care products (such as commercially produced face wash, lotion, shampoo, deodorant, etc), and instead use totally natural, single ingredient substances, such as coconut oil and honey.

Why?
I am so sick of mainstream products containing toxic chemicals, and organic products being so darn expensive. Before people started producing bottles of shampoo in factories, I'm pretty sure human kind did pretty well using the natural elements God gave them in this amazing world.

So, here is what I'm going to start with.

Deodorant- Since my plant-based diet leaves me virtually odor-less (under my arms), I don't even wear deodorant every day and I'm still fine. When I do, it is Miessence Tahitian Breeze certified organic deodorant. But since that is running out, I am starting on coconut oil. Google it, seriously. Since coconut oil (Extra Virgin) is a huge anti-bacterial, in theory, it should kill any bacteria under my arms that would create a nasty odor, right? I'll let you know how it goes!

Face lotion- Coconut oil! I've been using it every night, and using Miessence Rejuvenating Moisturizer during the day. I love Miessence- the first ingredient is aloe vera and all ingredients are completely raw (never heated) so all of their powerful health properties have not been cooked away. But alas, if I want to eat healthy, I can no longer afford to buy expensive body care products, if I can find natural substances that do just as good a job (or almost as good a job). So when my Miessence runs out, I'm going to just use Coconut oil.

Face wash- In the morning, a splash of water. At night, honey: Apply and rub into pores. Rinse with warm water. See more about honey and other natural facial cleansers here.

Body lotion- Coconut oil! Google all the benefits if coconut oil.

Eye makeup remover- coconut oil! I'm so glad I discovered this- it works better than any other makeup remover, even on waterproof mascara.

Hair product- coconut oil! I love putting this  stuff on my hair to smooth it down. It also makes it super soft. A little goes a long way.

Toothpaste- I currently use Miessence certified organic Mint Toothpaste with baking soda as the main ingredient. My teeth have never felt cleaner- I love how the baking soda works so well, and the all-natural mint flavor is great. But when that runs out I will be trying out my own toothpaste recipes, using baking soda and essential oils. When I do, I will definitely share what I come up with.

I am going back to the basics. I love this amazing planet and I believe that when God created it, he consciously provided us with everything we need to be healthy and to take care of our bodies.

Let me know what natural body care you have tried and what you recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment