Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1- Super Waldorf Salad

Today I created a definite raw food winner! It looked so beautiful with all the colors, & almost radiated positive energy before I even took a bite. Of course, the taste didn't disappoint & I have a feeling this will become a weekly standard.


Super Waldorf Salad


Ingredients: 
Organic spinach
Organic romaine hearts
Organic apple, chopped
Organic carrot, grated
Raw walnuts
Organic, Raw Hemp seeds
Dried Cranberries
Green bell pepper
Lemon juice
A touch of organic Raspberry Viniagrette 

First I placed a handful of spinach on a plate, followed by a handful of chopped romaine hearts. I combined the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and mixed well. Then I topped the greens with the "waldorf" mixture. Pretty easy!

The superfoods in this salad (hemp seeds & spinach) make this Super Waldorf Salad. :)

From my reading so far, I have found that hemp seeds are a great addition to salads, smoothies, etc, because they have a high amount of protein (10 grams per 3 Tbsp). They are very soft seeds and taste great too! You can find them in a health food store.

This was a very delicious & filling dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment