Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4- A Challenge

Today was a bit of a challenge. I was running out of food & was starting to feel like I needed more than just raw foods to feel full. I have to admit, it does feel different filling up on fruits & vegetables & nuts/seeds with only a small amount of grains. When I'm hungry I usually crave carbs- pancakes, bread, quesadillas- and I used to fill up on that, leaving only a little room for fruits or veggies. So this is a huge adjustment for me.

This is definitely a "transitional" menu:

Breakfast- fruit salad (chopped pear, banana, and blueberries with a little wheat germ* on top, and a little organic granola*
Snack- kale smoothie
Lunch- leftover broccoli salad & 5 dates
Snack- shredded wheat cereal* & milk*
Dinner- pears & bananas mixed with a little organic plain yogurt, sprinkled with 5 grain cereal (raw), walnuts & cinnamon

*= not raw

I definitely ate more non-raw foods today, and even dairy. :( That was mostly because we were running out of food & I didn't want to go hungry since I'm breastfeeding my baby. But I will applaud myself for the good food I did eat today & hopefully go to the store soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. How can you get full on pear salad with yogurt for dinner? I don't know if I could do that. I definitely want to eat more healthy but not be hungry, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean & I've been thinking about this a lot. I don't think raw foodists go hungry eating what they do. I think our bodies are so used to eating carbs/meat to fill up on, instead of fruits & veggies, so we're not used to it right now. Instead of JUST eating fruits & veggies, we could eat a big portion of them first, followed by a smaller grain dish, with lots of sources of protein like hemp seeds & nuts added in as well... I will write about this in my next post. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the walnuts & grains I added to the pear salad actually made it quite filling.

    ReplyDelete