Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 10- Spinach Pesto Pasta & Bell Pepper Salad

Tonight I made a delicious and very easy pesto to add to my pasta. It was inspired by a recipe in my book "Going Raw" by Judita Wignall. 

Spinach Pesto Pasta
1 package cooked Rotini pasta (I used Quinoa pasta)

Pesto:
2 cups fresh spinach, packed
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup walnuts (soaked for 6-8 hours)

To make pesto: blend spinach, garlic, salt, lemon juice & olive oil in food processor until smooth. Add walnuts and blend until as smooth as you like (she suggests you make it chunky, but I liked it more smooth).

(Note: This pesto is all raw ingredients (nothing is cooked), so it won't be hot when you add it to the pasta. If your pasta is warm, it will make the sauce a little warmer, and that is how I ate it. If you want you can heat up the pesto, but just realize that you won't get as much nutrition out of it that way.)


Bell Pepper Salad
The salad was simply romaine lettuce, with chopped bell peppers of every color (red, yellow, orange, and green). It was great with some organic italian dressing, but would have been better with more veggies to add more flavor & texture. (The next day I added avocado & sunflower seeds to the leftover salad & it was 10 times better. More filling too.)

1 comment:

  1. If you want a great salad dressing idea, try OrganicVille brand Pomegranate dressing. I found it about a year ago and it has changed my salads for the better ever since. SO good. mmm the pasta looks good too

    ReplyDelete