Monday, January 14, 2013

Sprout Salad

I just made this delicious sprout salad, with avocados and tomatoes. You can top with whatever other veggies you want. This is a simple, perfect lunch to go with a nice green smoothie. :)


Sprout Salad


1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 medium tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, diced
Sea salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Lemon juice

Arrange your lovely sprouts (home grown if possible) on a plate. Lay your tomato slices in a pinwheel arrangement. Add your chopped avocado to the center. Season with sea salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks great! I can't wait to try this meal! Can you give some insight on where you purchase your nuts and seeds? As I incorperate healthier food into my diet I realize I have never purchased such items before and want to make sure I am not getting items that are high in salts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my nuts & seeds at Trader Joes- they have a big section with all kinds and you can find most of them raw (with no added salt). Another note on nuts and seeds- soaking them first actually makes them easier to digest and easier to blend into recipes such as the porridge. :)

    ReplyDelete