Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Juicing v. Cancer

This juice recipe calls for a lot more veggies than fruit, which I was excited about since one of the main points of juicing for me is to get more nutrients from veggies. However, I knew my kids may not be crazy about this one.  Here's the recipe:
2 cucumbers
2 peeled lemons
2 green apples
1/2 inch peeled ginger
6 stalks of kale
handful of spinach
6 stalks celery
So here's the verdict: Not as sweet as the first one, but still drinkable. To me, it's more about the health benefits rather than the taste anyway. My 3 year old daughter drank her portion, my 2 year old son drank most of his, and my husband's glass is in the fridge waiting for him. I LOVE how many veggies I drank. It's seriously amazing.

By the way, did you know that juicing has been proven to cure cancer according to Dr. Gerson?
Probably worth a read. Obviously it can also prevent it, too.

http://www.gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

-VAL



No comments:

Post a Comment