Friday, January 25, 2013

Juicing!

Hi everyone! This is Lynleigh's sister, Val. I was so excited when Lynleigh started this healthy blog because I am always looking for recipes and ideas on how I can be even healthier!

Recently, I have been hearing more and more of the many benefits of juicing. My husband and I received a juicer as a wedding gift (almost eight years ago). I'm embarrassed to admit that we used it maybe a total of three times to make orange juice before it was stored away never to be opened until....now! Actually a week ago. We got it out of storage while we were out of state visiting my husband's parents. I brought it home and was all ready to use it (fruits and veggies cut and ready to go). I turned it on and it started smoking!! My daughter started crying because she had been greatly anticipating making all the pretty colors of juice I had been getting her excited about. I guess it had been sitting in storage for one too many years. Anyway, I called the company and they sent me a replacement base for a small fee which we just received tonight. SO, I finally made the juice!

I thought it turned out great. My kids didn't like it as much but I think that's because they aren't used to the taste of cucumbers and that flavor is pretty obvious in the juice. My husband's cup is waiting for him in the fridge. Here is the recipe that I had found online:

Put in this order:
1 cucumber
2 oranges
3 carrots
small handful of parsley
1 green apple
1 beet (tops and bottoms cut off and washed really well)

Next time I will take a picture. Enjoy!!!

Oh and if you're curious about the benefits of juicing, I will post info on that later.

1 comment:

  1. I am also really excited about juicing as soon as I get a juicer! Thanks for the awesome post!

    ReplyDelete