Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cheese-less Omelets & Quesadillas

Is it possible to have a cheese-less quesadilla or omelet? Of course!

Here are some ideas:
Sweet Potato Quesadilla:
For my filling I combined brown rice & pinto beans with mashed sweet potato, then seasoned with cumin, salt, and pepper. I put my filling into the tortilla and grilled on both sides until brown. Then I scooped some guacamole into the middle and it was so delicious!



The Guacamole Omelet 
(I made my guacamole here with avocado, tomatoes, red bell peppers, lemon juice, and seasonings):

The Rainbow Omelet:
Pick whatever veggies you want and arrange over your omelet in a rainbow (I put avocado slices in my omelet here).


Mexican Fiesta Omelet:
(I put chopped greens inside the omelet, topped it with guacamole, then put sliced grape tomatoes on top, and filled my plate with chopped red pepper)




No comments:

Post a Comment