Monday, February 25, 2013

Juicing video: How does it work?

Here is my son is giving a short demo of how to juice:


As you can see, it is not very difficult, and is a lot of fun for kids to do by themselves! (But it can take awhile, for the slow pokes, so I let him put some in first, then I do the rest so it doesn't take all morning....)

It is important to note that...

Juicing shouldn't replace anything, it should simply be an addition to your normal diet.

When we first started juicing, it was tempting to think "I just got all my fruits and vegetables for the day, so I don't need to eat anymore, or make our usual green smoothie." But I didn't start juicing to replace my smoothie, or my salads. I started juicing to ADD a glass of nutrition to my day. So even though we started drinking this juice in the morning, we STILL had our green smoothie for lunch (along with a sandwich), and STILL ate salad for dinner (along with whatever else we were having). It is important not to decrease the amount of fiber you normally eat.

That's just my two sense on the subject. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment